Friday, June 11, 2010

Submission

I watched a video by Francis and Lisa Chan last night it was mostly Lisa talking to wives on how we are to act, what our purpose is to be as wives, and how we can please God by following the steps he has so carefully layed out for us in his word. I have been married 25 years the end of this month and I really don't think I ever really have understood what the role of the wife truly is. I just knew I wanted to be married have children be a mother and have my perfect little family with a husband who would adore me and I him but then real life sets in and it might not always look the way in which you envisioned your life turning out. God loves us so much and has laid out for us how we should strive to be with his help of course but because of our humaness and sinfulness we choose to do things our way even when things aren't working out the way we would like. As women we have a unique ministry as wives. We are to be helpmates to our husbands we are to be an extension of them. We are to honor and respect our husbands even when we don't feel like it or feel they deserve it. We are to be submissive to them I loved the way Lisa said that our goal is to honor God because our husbands may not always motivate or act in a way that would cause you to want to honor and submit to him. God has given us to our husbands to be his helpmate it is not good for him to be alone. We are to be his cheerleader we are to be for him not against him. The safest place for you to be is in the will of God and the will of God is to submit to your husband. We have to learn to die to ourselves. She said she loves submission because it is what sets christian women apart from the world. It is a way we can attract people to Christ by the way we treat our husbands. We are to live in humility. We are to first live in total submission to God. The world will saturate us with women need their own identity, power but our identity is in Christ and we don't need to have power over our husbands. If you would like to see this video go to google and search Francis and Lisa Chan Christ Centered Relationships 2. This gives us alot to think on and I pray you will be changed by it as I have been.

1 comment:

Laudio said...

Great points!

You said, "...our goal is to honor God because our husbands may not always motivate or act in a way that would cause you to want to honor and submit to him." That's sad (on the part of many of we husbands) but true.

You also said, "submission... sets christian women apart from the world." I believe this is what sets Christians apart from the rest of the world!

"Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves. Don’t look out only for your own interests, but take an interest in others, too." (Philippians 2:3-4, NLT)

Very good post, and it makes me think of how I can be more honoring to Christ in my marriage. The submission you mention from Ephesians 5 is a two-way street.