Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Beauty

Beauty what is beauty? I think we all want to feel we are beautiful. Websters dictionary says that beauty means the qualities that give pleasure to the senses. What does that mean exactly. To me it means looking nice, (clean clothes, brushed hair, not all wrinkly), smelling nice ( you have recently bathed and maybe applied some lotion, or powder, body spray or perfume), having a good attitude I think how we look on the outside is a good example of what we are feeling on the inside. I am not saying we have to be smiling and happy 100% of the time but don't we won't people to know that we are a blessed people that christians do have somthing to be happy about. We have bad days and days when things go all wrong just like the world but we serve a God who loves us and has a plan for us and our lives and he sees the big picture that we can't see. I believe most of all that if you have a relationship with Christ that is the most important attribute in being beautiful. Allowing God to shine through you to others. I am one of those people who loves to play with makeup, I love skincare, I would love to have someone show me the proper hairstyle and clothes for my body. Actually I went to a wonderful presentation this past Saturday to a church I attended a few years ago. There was an image consultant Shari Braendel and she was great. We had a fashion show of what not to wear and then a more modest fashion show later. She gave us the tools for the outside but she also shared that the most important part in a beauty regimen is to have a personal relationship with God. Sorry I haven't posted in a while I was just waiting until I felt I had somthing that was really important to share. Have a great day.

1 comment:

Michelle Maddocks said...

Hey, that was important! thanks for sharing your thoughts, and stay beautiful! :)