Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Child of the King should bear some family resemblence.

Hi Guys I read this on a church sign that I pass daily. Do we as christians bear any family resemblence to our father? It really made me stop and think. I have been passing by it daily for about a week now and it stops me in my tracks every time I read it. Do I bear a family resemblence could anyone pick me out of a crowd and just know I am a daughter of the king. Is there anything about me that makes me a little bit different from the world or do I just blend in with everyone else? These are questions I ask myself and I am sad to say I don't know if people could pick me out of the crowd and know that I am a child of the king of kings. I know I do not always react and act in a way that would please the Lord. As far as outward appearance do I resemble the world I don't want to I want to be set apart different in my actions, what I say, what I do, how I act, how I look. I want there to be no question as to whose family I belong. What about you do you ever think about these things? I believe God knows who his children are but I also believe we owe to him to stand out before a lost world and proclaim who we belong to without being ashamed of not being accepted or included. Let our lights shine for the Lord today. Lets show love and forgiveness to others. Let us not be conformed to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our minds daily, hourly, every minute. Just somthing to think about.

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Oh this was so good!!! Yes, I do think about things like that as well.

I fail at times and ask God to forgive me, so I am thankful God is a merciful and forgiving Father. :)